When analyzing a connector (e.g., an RJ45 Ethernet connector), you should carefully inspect the following aspects:
- Verify that it is correctly crimped, including the order of wires
- Verify that all wires are touching the metal connector blades and that the crimp is not partial
- Verify that no wires are missing
- Verify that the plastic cable jacket is fixed into the connector (i.e., wires are not hanging out of the connector)
- Verify that the RJ45 lock is functional on the connector (otherwise, the connector will pop out of the . . .
The content below this message is for members only.