Asset management is an important part of the documentation process, as you need to be sure of the following aspects:
- How many devices you have
- Which types of devices you have (model, purchase date, serial number, etc.)
- Where the devices are located (including spares)
- Support and warranty status for each device
- Issues associated with each device
- Status of each device (active, inactive, who is managing it)
Asset management is very important for financial reasons, as it calculates financial parameters like depreciation that are presented during audits . . .
The content below this message is for members only.