An RF site survey should be accomplished in the WLAN design phase and this should be accomplished by certified wireless professionals. The RF site survey consists of five steps:
- Define the customer’s requirements
- Identify coverage areas and user density
- Determine the preliminary locations and requirements of the access points (including necessary antenna types and wired connections)
- Accomplish the actual survey and identify elements that might interfere with the WLAN signal and components
- Document the process (including access point locations, data, and signal rates)
From a design standpoint . . .
The content below this message is for members only.