When your data is at stake, it is, of course, imperative to protect against exterior threats. However, threats can come in the form of not only malicious attacks but also accidents and from nature itself (i.e., failures and disasters), which is why it is necessary to prepare for these events. This section will cover the following topics:
- Backup/backout contingency plans or policies
- Backups, execution, and frequency
- Redundancy and fault tolerance
- High availability
- Cold site, hot site, and warm site
- Mean time to restore, mean time between . . .
The content below this message is for members only.