1. The OSI Data Link Layer is composed of the following two Sublayers:
2. Which OSI layer processes conversion schemes for multimedia files (e.g., AVI, GIF, etc.)?
a. Data Link
3. OSPF is an example of a routed protocol.
4. A packet is a PDU that can be found at:
a. Layer 1
b. Layer 2
c. Layer 3
d. Layer 4
5. What is the difference between switches and routers?
a. Switches forward multicast data, while routers do not.
b. Switches separate collision domains, while routers separate broadcast domains.
c. Only routers forward broadcast packets.
d. Switches operate at Layer 3, while routers are Layer 2 devices.
6. Devices connected to a hub share:
a. The same collision domain
b. The same broadcast domain
c. Both the same collision and broadcast domains
7. The main difference between LANs and WANs is:
a. WANs are located over a broad geographical area, while LANs are localized networks.
b. LANs operate at Layer 3, while WANs operate at Layer 2.
c. WAN links carry more bandwidth than LAN connections do.
d. There is no difference between LANs and WANs.
8. The TCP/IP Network Access Layer is equivalent to which OSI reference mode layer(s)?
b. Data Link
c. Physical and Data Link
9. Which protocol provides a connection-oriented transmission at the TCP/IP Transport Layer?
10. The Layer 2 (Data Link) address is also called the:
a. MAC address
b. OUI address
c. IP address
d. LLC address
11. How long are Layer 2 addresses?
a. 32 bits
b. 1 byte
c. 128 bits
d. 48 bits
12. Which kind of data structure does a MAC address table contain?
a. IP addresses and port numbers pairs
b. MAC addresses and frame length pairs
c. MAC addresses and IP addresses pairs
d. MAC addresses and interface pairs
13. What is the default aging time of MAC address table entries?
a. 1 minute
b. 3 minutes
c. 5 minutes
d. 10 minutes
14. The STP Bridge ID is composed of (choose all that apply):
a. The switch IP address
b. The switch MAC address
c. The switch model
d. The priority value
e. The interface cost
15. What is the criterion for choosing the STP Root Bridge?
a. The switch with the lower Bridge ID
b. The switch with the lower MAC address
c. The oldest switch
d. The most powerful switch
16. Name two VLAN marking techniques:
17. Layer 3 addresses can be split into how many logical parts?
a. Two parts: IP and MAC
b. Three parts: MAC, IP, and port
c. Two parts: Network and Host
d. Three parts: Network, Device, and Host
e. Two parts: Host and MAC
18. Which of the following are private addresses (choose all that apply)?
19. What is the name of the data structures routers use to store the list of networks the router has learned about and information about how to reach them?
a. CAM table
b. ARP table
c. BGP table
d. Routing table
20. Which address type is specific to IPv6 technology only?