PPP is considered an Internet-friendly protocol due to the following factors:
- It supports data compression
- Authentication is built in (PAP and CHAP)
- Network Layer address negotiation
- Error detection
You can use PPP over several connection types, including the following:
- Synchronous and asynchronous links
PPP can be broken down into the following Layer 2 sublayers:
- NCP – establishes Network Layer protocols (serves the Network Layer)
- LCP – establishes, authenticates, and tests link quality (serves the . . .
The content below this message is for members only.