The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
- EIGRP runs directly over Internet Protocol and uses IP protocol number 88
- EIGRP sends non-periodic incremental routing updates
- EIGRP has a default hop-count limitation of 100; this can be adjusted to 255
- Enhanced IGRP uses two unique triplets to carry route entries
- EIGRP converges much faster than the traditional Distance Vector routing protocols
- EIGRP uses DUAL to ensure loop-free path to destination networks
- EIGRP PDMs . . .
The content below this message is for members only.