The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
An Introduction to Border Gateway Protocol
- Border Gateway Protocol is a Path Vector protocol, a derivative of Distance Vector protocols
- BGP is primarily used to exchange NLRI between autonomous systems
- NLRI is exchanged between BGP routers or speakers using UPDATE messages
- NLRI is composed of a prefix and a length
- BGP is first and foremost a policy control tool, and then a routing protocol
- BGP runs directly over . . .
The content below this message is for members only.