The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter. Integrating IPv4 and IPv6 Network Environments
- The advantages of migrating from IPv4 to IPv6 include the following:
- The Simplified IPv6 Packet Header
- Larger Address Space
- IPv6 Addressing Hierarchy
- IPv6 Extendibility
- IPv6 Broadcast Elimination
- Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Integrated Mobility
- Integrated Enhanced Security
- However, it is not always possible or actually feasible to migrate directly from IPv4 to IPv6 . . .
The content below this message is for members only.