The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
An Introduction to the Spanning Tree Protocol
- The Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is defined in the IEEE 802.1D standard
- The primary purpose of STP is to attempt to provide a loop free topology
- Spanning Tree Protocol operates by making the following assumptions about the network:
- All links are bidirectional and can both send and receive BPDUs
- The switch is able to regularly receive, process and send BPDUs . . .
The content below this message is for members only.