The Spanning Tree Algorithm defines a number of states that a port under STP control will progress through before being in an active forwarding state. These port states are as follows:
A port moves through these states in the following manner:
- From initialization to Blocking
- From Blocking to either Listening or Disabled
- From Listening to either Learning or Disabled
- From Learning to either Forwarding or Disabled
- From Forwarding to Disabled The content below this message is for members only.