The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol Overview
- RSTP significantly reduces the time taken for STP to converge when a link failure occurs
- With RSTP, failover to an alternate path or link can occur in the sub second timeframe
- RSTP is an extension of 802.1D
- RSTP performs better that the 802.1D with no additional configuration
The Modified RSTP BPDU
- The BPDU format used by RSTP is similar . . .
The content below this message is for members only.