The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
- An EtherChannel is comprised of physical, individual Fast, Gigabit, or 10Gbps links
- The links in an EtherChannel appear as a single logical link
- Each EtherChannel can consist of up to eight (8) ports
- Physical links in an EtherChannel must share similar characteristics
- There are two aggregation protocol used to create EtherChannels:
- Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP)
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)