The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
Switch Port Security
- The port security feature is a dynamic Catalyst switch feature that secures switch ports
- Port security also protects the CAM by limiting the number of addresses learned on a port
- Port security protect the switched LAN from two primary methods of attack:
- CAM Table Overflow Attacks
- MAC Spoofing Attacks
- CAM overflow attacks target the CAM fixed, allocated memory space
- CAM overflow . . .
The content below this message is for members only.