Version 6 of the Internet Protocol provides additional capabilities over the current version 4. In many ways, version 6 provides several enhancements over the current standard. These include:
- The Simplified IPv6 Packet Header
- Larger Address Space
- IPv6 Addressing Hierarchy
- IPv6 Extendibility
- IPv6 Broadcast Elimination
- Stateless Autoconfiguration
- Integrated Mobility
- Integrated Enhanced Security
The header fields in an IPv4 packet are very detailed and complete. However, not all fields in the IPv4 packet header are used or required – for example the Type of Service . . .
The content below this message is for members only.