The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
Catalyst Switched VLAN Interfaces Overview
- In a switched network, VLANs separate devices into different collision domains
- VLANs are also used to separate devices into different subnets
- Multilayer switches support the configuration of Switched Virtual Interfaces (SVIs)
- SVIs represent VLANs and allow the switch to serve as the default gateway for the VLAN
- An SVI is not automatically created when a VLAN is created
- By default, however, an SVI . . .
The content below this message is for members only.