The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
Enhanced Interior Gateway Protocol Overview
- EIGRP is a Cisco-proprietary advanced Distance Vector routing protocol
- EIGRP runs directly over IP using protocol number 88
- EIGRP uses several different types of packets, which include:
- Hello Packets
- Acknowledgement Packets
- Update Packets
- Query Packets
- Reply Packets
- EIGRP supports both dynamic and static (manually configured) neighbor discovery
- Dynamically discovered neighbors . . .
The content below this message is for members only.