The following section is a summary of the major points you should be aware of in this chapter.
- DHCP is used to dynamically assign hosts with IP addressing information
- DHCP can provide IP address, mask, default gateway, and DNS servers
- DHCP uses UDP port 68
- Cisco IOS routers and some switches can be configured as DHCP clients and servers
- DHCP is a client / server protocol
- DHCP clients transition through a series of states upon initialization
- DHCP clients transition through the following states . . .
The content below this message is for members only.