Before we delve into NAT troubleshooting, it is important to understand that while NAT provides the advantage of allowing private networks to communicate, it also has numerous limitations. These limitations are:
- Breaking the end-to-end IP model
- The need to maintain connection state issues
- The inhabitation of end-to-end security
- Applications that are not NAT-friendly
- Address space collision
- Ratio of internal and reachable IP addresses
IP (in general) was designed so that only network endpoints (i.e. hosts and servers) handle the connection . . .
The content below this message is for members only.